Nutella Swirled Banana Bread is the ultimate banana bread recipe. It is extremely easy and moist with swirls of nutella spread throughout. It’s perfect at breakfast served with your morning coffee or for dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
The best bananas for this recipe are ones that are over-ripe. The peels should be at least half brown and easy to remove. The insides should be squishy and browning. I find myself buying bananas and never eating all of them so this recipe is a great way to save the bananas and my wallet.
There is no need for a mixer. You can mix everything together in one large bowl. The first step is to mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl! I use the back of the spoon or you can use a potato masher. Then, I just throw everything else into the same bowl and mix it together. I told you it was easy!
Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Grab your Nutella jar and microwave it for 10-20 seconds. Pour half of the banana batter into the loaf pan, and drizzle two spoonfuls of the warm Nutella over the banana batter. Add the rest of banana batter and repeat with the drizzle of warm Nutella. To achieve the marble look, take a knife and swirl it through the loaf pan.Bake in your pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes until golden on top and a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
Leave to cool in the loaf pan and serve in slices. I like to cut mine into thick slices but that is totally up to you!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the sugar, butter, egg & vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add the flour and baking soda, mixing until all combined.
- Pour half the batter into your pre-lined loaf pan and smooth into the corners.
- Warm your Nutella in the microwave for about 10-20 second to soften it slightly.
- Drizzle a couple of spoonfuls over the batter in the loaf pan before adding the remaining batter on top.
- Drizzle the remaining Nutella to the top of your loaf before stirring the batter with a knife to create the marbled effect.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 40 minutes until golden on top.
- Leave to cool in the loaf pan and serve in slices.