These Margarita Grilled Shrimp Skewers are loaded with flavor and charred to perfection. If you like grilled shrimp, you are going to love this recipe!
They can be served as an appetizer or turned into a meal, just serve over rice.
It’s the perfect weeknight meal or poolside dish! This past weekend, I served them with mini taco shells, a spicy mango dipping sauce and a chili lime aioli.
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon tequila, optional
- Chopped cilantro
- Wedges of fresh lime, for squeezing over top of grilled shrimp
Chili Lime Aioli
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon chili seasoning
- 2 2/12 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 lime zest
Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1 Small Mango ,peeled and diced, about 3/4 C
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh cilantro ,chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Canned coconut milk
Mix all ingredients in a bowl & marinate shrimp for 20-30 minutes.
Thread shrimp on skewers and grill 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from skewers and place in a serving bowl.
Chili Lime Aioli & Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce
Mix all ingredients in a bowl or in the blender. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to marry.
Serve shrimp on a platter with both dipping sauces.