Keto Friendly Bacon, Egg, and Spinach Breakfast Frittata Casserole is the perfect quick and easy make-ahead, meal-prep breakfast that is sure to please any crowd!
I love making frittatas; combining a bunch of ingredients that pair well together, whisking in eggs and then throwing in the oven to bake. This recipe is basically a LARGE frittata that is perfect to serve at any family gathering or brunch! It is also great to make on the weekend for meal prep! Then portion out your breakfast for the week and you just like that, breakfast is all taken care of!
This recipe is highly customizable, so you can change out the type of cheese, peppers and even the bacon. You can make whatever combination you like, maybe sausage or ham instead of bacon. Simply use what you have on hand to make it easy!
Just follow these easy steps!
- Sauté the veggies and spinach.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Create the first layer by adding the sautéed spinach and veggies to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites in a small bowl
- Pour over the veggies.
- Sprinkle cooked, crumbled bacon and shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites – You can use 8-10 eggs if you don’t want to use egg whites.
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 chopped green pepper
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chopped veggies (excluding the spinach) to the pan. Sautee for a few minutes until the veggies are soft.
Add spinach to the pan, and saute until slightly wilted.
Add the veggies and spinach to the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the veggies throughout the dish.
Whisk the egg whites and eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
Create an additional layer by adding the crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
Bake for 20-30 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Allow to cool before serving