I love ceviche! This twist on the traditional Ceviche is loaded with seafood, red onions, peppers, cilantro and Thai chili peppers; all marinated in sake and fresh lemon juice. Yup, I said sake! I created this recipe to serve at my family’s Christmas eve dinner!
It’s such a vibrant dish that’s perfect for weekends or parties. Truly a recipe seafood lovers will instantly fall in love with!
- 1 bag frozen seafood mix
- 1 pound medium-sized shrimp, cleaned
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 medium size red onion, chopped small
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped small
- 1 red sweet pepper in vinegar, diced
- 1 Thai chili pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 lemons, juiced
- ½ tablespoon Sake
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds
Boil frozen seafood mix (15 minutes), shrimp (3 minutes). Strain and place into a bowl. Refrigerate until chilled.
Chop shrimp in small pieces. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl.
Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top before serving.