I love using fresh produce when they are in season. This weekend, I went to the local market and couldn’t believe how gorgeous all the green vegetables looked! I grabbed a bundle of green beans, snap peas and asparagus and headed home to create this recipe! Simple, bright, and delicious, it’s the perfect way to showcase the season’s best produce.
- ½ pound green beans trimmed and halved crosswise
- ½ pound sugar snap peas trimmed and de-stringed
- 1 pound asparagus trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Scout and Cellar Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 fennel bulb quartered, cored and very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup shelled roasted sunflower seeds
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Have a large bowl of ice water nearby. Add the green beans, sugar snap peas, and asparagus to the pot and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, then immediately plunge the vegetables into the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. When cool, drain and shake off as much excess water as possible.
Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
Add the drained vegetables and the fennel and toss to coat well with the dressing.
Sprinkle the sunflower seeds and parmesan cheese over the top and serve.