Keto stuffed pepper soup is packed with veggies and flavor plus it’s ready in 30 minutes!
When you’re craving stuffed peppers but don’t want all the work of making them, this easy stuffed pepper soup recipe is your answer! It’s hearty, full of vegetables, and a cozy meal for cool nights.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 lb Ground Italian sausage
- 3 medium Bell peppers (diced)
- 1 14.5-oz cans Diced tomatoes with green chiles (with liquid, do not drain)
- 1 14.5-oz cans Diced tomatoes with basil, oregano & garlic (with liquid, do not drain)
- 1 29-oz can Tomato sauce
- 4 cups Beef broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup red wine such as Scout and Cellar Bookbinder Apprentice Red Wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 12 oz Cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen) or white rice
Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat, until shimmering.
Add the ground beef. Cook, breaking up with a spatula, for 8-10 minutes, until browned. Remove meat from the pot, adn set aside.
Wipe the pot with a paper towel and add olive oil.
Add the onion and minced garlic and saute for about a minute, until fragrant. Then add the paprika and red pepper flakes, stir and saute for another minute.
Add the bell peppers and saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
Add sausage, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
Add the red wine and sugar, stirt.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
Add the cauliflower rice. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until cauliflower rice is tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste.