I am a sucker for all things sweet and salty. Why choose one when you can have both? These cookies have it ALL! They are made with browned butter, plenty of chocolate-covered caramel chunks, and pretzels pieces. Each cookie dough ball is rolled through cinnamon sugar for that classic snickerdoodle finish before baking to perfection.
- The unsurpassable nutty flavor from browned butter!
- The Chocolate caramel goodness of Rolo® candy!
- The Crushed pretzels, slightly salty, crunch with every sweet bite!
- The mini marshmallows, caramelized toasty yumminess !
- The Cinnamon sugar, giving you the traditional snickerdoodle taste!
What is browned butter?
Browning butter is very easy because all you’re doing is gently cooking butter. This melting method gently cooks the butter until it develops a nutty flavor and toasted aroma.
How do I brown butter?
Cut the butter into pieces and place in a pan over medium heat. Stir the butter as it melts. After the butter has completely melted, continue cooking on medium heat until the butter turns a light amber color and smells nutty. Immediately remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate covered caramels, I used Rolo® candy
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists, crushed
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup cinnamon sugar, to roll cookies in
Add 1 stick butter to a small saucepan set over medium heat. Cook until the butter begins to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the remaining 1 stick butter, the cooled browned butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until combined.
Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until combined.
Add the vanilla, beating until creamy.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Fold in the chocolate caramels, mini marshmallows and pretzels.
Roll the dough into rounded 1 tablespoon size balls and then roll through the cinnamon sugar.
Place 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove from and cool on a cooking rack.
Eat warm (highly recommended) or let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.